I'm feeling quite better now, and seeing that it's the first of the month, it's time for a little updating and goal-making. First off, updating.
- Within the last two weeks, I've been more active on social media (thanks to Halloween), especially on Tumblr, Instagram, and Ello. My Facebook Page is always updated - and now, I've got more than 1,000 followers! Although it's not about the numbers, it gives me comfort knowing that at least those many people feel my brand is worth following. I hope it only goes up from here.
- I scored my first major blog post sponsorship! I had been sponsored before, but the pays weren't cash, just tokens and products. This may not mean much to others, but it came at a time where I was really thinking about other gigs for my blog. Thanks Groupon!
- I found a stable-enough part-time writing job online at onlinejobs.ph and it has been sustaining my planner addiction. Ah! I was offered by the same employer to do a more focused job with a higher monthly pay, but the tasks just weren't doable considering I am an employed graphic artist.
- Work has had some major events. So many options that I still can't wrap my head around it. The hardest thing is that I want to do everything being thrown at me. I know I can be a good this or a great that if I wanted to, but I can't handle all of them at the same time, especially when one job title requires a self-confident, reassuring project manager and another needs a really creative, nerdy artist. It's all good though, haha, if not a little frazzling.
These were major events that have impacted my decision-making for next year. I'm scared, unsure of the future and if I can make it after "The Decision", but I do have dreams to fulfill and an immediate family to support, so there's that.
As with normal people, I've got short-term goals for November.
- Finish Flor's album cover art (gift for her friend)
- Start and finish my planned Christmas gifts for my boss and co-workers
- Find the so-called "Planner Peace" (or else find myself bankrupt before the holidays)
- Attend my friend's Brush Calligraphy Workshop (November 12th)
- Buy back my DSLR (dammit)
- Do one more Podcast around a really good horror story (Listen to the first one below)
- Write a proper review on "Lights Out" (just watched it, have mixed feelings)
- Reach 1,500 likes on my Facebook Page
The next part is making sure I achieve these goals. It won't be easy, but my fingers are crossed. I pray to God I accomplish so much more in the last two months of 2016 than I have been able to in the past ten. *Shivers*
I am so scared of 2017.
And it's just November.