Instead, I'm going to introduce you to my favorite color: pink.
# How I first came to like it
Back in elementary and for the most part of high school, I loved sky blue. I thought Pink was too feminine and too soft, so I rarely used it in my artworks or bought anything of that color. Imagine my surprise (not sure if it was a good or a bad one) when an aunt from the States gave me a Victoria's Secret handbag in - you guessed it - pink. I honestly didn't know what to do with it. It looked awesome and fashionable, but back then, if it was bluish, I would've LOVED it.
Right now though, I think it was an "eye-opener" if you will. If I wasn't given the handbag, I may still be addicted to sky blue, and among my peers, that color is over-used. So, loving Pink turned out to be a great move. I have too many pink things (I'll share a few of them in a bit) and I can't imagine them in another color.
# The meaning of Pink
My love for the color didn't stop with just collecting things in it's shade; I also wanted to know more about what else could be associated with it. Here are a few things I found on the net:
- it is associated with unconditional love and nurturing
- it tones down the physical passion of red and replaces it with a gentle, loving energy
- it is associated to being intuitive & insightful
- it doesn't like to be taken for granted and appreciates a "thank you" (in personality traits)
- it can signify good health
- it represents the sweetness and innocence of the child in each of us
- it is the color of uncomplicated emotions, inexperience & naivete
Pink in a negative light:
- it can represent lack of will-power, self-worth, and self-reliance
A lover of Pink is:
- loving, kind, generous, & sensitive to the needs of others
- friendly & approachable
- one with (high) maternal instincts
- very much in-touch with her (or his) femininity
- romantic, sensual, and sensitive
- methodical & organized
- refined, reserved, calm, non-violent (which can be mistaken for shyness)
- youthful in appearance, even in old age
I found pink-colored contact lenses at the mall a few months back, and I'm terribly excited to purchase a pair. I'm still waiting for my purple ones to reach their expiration date (along with my savings to reach the price range for them), but I'm sure they won't be gone soon.
In other news...
Okay, it's not "other" news. After our ACP this afternoon, a friend and I passed by 7eleven on the way home, and when he pointed this beverage out, I had to try it out, because it was pink and because it was cold.
Introducing Mogu Mogu!
Anyway, Here's what I had for snacks when I got home. (Yeah, yeah - the carbs.)
I really like their Manhattan Dressing though. It's nothing like the ones you get from a restaurant with your side dishes, but it passes for additional flavoring on your Hotdog Bun-snack.
So here, we temporarily part. I have a few blog topic ideas, but let's see. It'll definitely be a food-crazed blog weekend!
Ciao and have a great weekend! :)